I am a registered Hypnoanalytical Psychotherapist with the Irish Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy offering Solution Focussed Brief Therapy. As a member of this institute, I am bound by a strict code of ethics, so confidentiality is assured & guaranteed. ICHP is dedicated to the professional & ethical use of Hypnosis.
I began suffering from anxiety and panic about 10 years ago. I was working as a continuity announcer on R.T.E. 1 television at the time and raising my two children alone – I was under tremendous pressure. I began to notice that even when talking to colleagues in an informal setting, I was perspiring, my heart was beating faster than it should and all I wanted to do was get out of the situation as quickly as politely possible. I couldn’t even go to the cinema because I became claustrophobic and would panic that I wouldn’t be able to get out when the film was over because there were too many people. I felt my life was getting out of control. I went to see a hypnotherapist, who reassured me that when therapy was complete, not only would the anxiety be gone but that I’d also feel more confident and self-assured. In truth, I didn’t necessarily believe her but what had I got to lose!
My therapy lasted ten weeks, going once a week and as I’m writing this article, you can guess that it was successful. So successful in fact that I decided to train in clinical hypnotherapy myself and have experienced first-hand the many therapeutic benefits it has to offer, safely and naturally. I say naturally (and this is the secret) because it really is a normal state of mind, one which most of us go in and out of every day. When we’re daydreaming for example or when driving, we drift into hypnosis – we drive to our destinations, park the car and then perhaps think back and ask ourselves “how did I get here”? Have you ever been watching a particularly good show on t.v. and become so engrossed that when someone speaks to us we don’t hear them because all our attention is taken up by what is happening on the small screen. Hypnosis is simply a relaxed focused state of concentration. Most people feel beautifully relaxed and during this time, the mind is very open to positive suggestion.
MY QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE :
- An Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy.
- I am Certified in Group Work & Facilitation Skills through National University of Ireland, Maynooth.
- A Facilitator of ‘Life Lessons’ Self-Development course & an Instructor of Interview Techniques to job applicants seeking employment.
- Teacher of Relaxation Techniques and Creative Visualisation.
- I have been a Lecturer and Facilitator of the Countdown Smoking Cessation Programme with The Ontario Lung Association, Toronto, Canada, to both Corporate and Public groups.
- Member of the Association for Meridian Energy Therapies.
- Advanced DNA Theta Healing Therapist.
- Stress Management Facilitator.
- Personal Development Teacher.